Companies that successfully obtain a CMMC compliance will obtain a major benefit from the improvement of their processes and simultaneously enhancement of the protection of controlled unclassified information and intellectual property within the supply chain of the US Defense Industrial Base (DIB).
Other benefits of CMMC compliance include:
- Adoption of best practices of maturity levels that range from basic cyber hygiene to advanced or progressive
- Implementation of a collaborative risk management approach which helps contractors in reducing risk against a specific set of cyber threats
- Being prepared (and prevention) of cyber incidents
- Ability to recover from a cyber incident without financial penalization
- Boosting the cybersecurity resilience of the DoD and DIB